June 5, 2008

[Vol.06] Enjoy biking on the Valley Trail around Lakes 1/2

Recently, I bought a bike. The bike has 3x7 gear and wheel break. It’s not enough in Whistler, however, It cost 229$ though. Yeah~ A Summer of Whistler is heaven for Mountain Biker. That kind of bike is so expensive. Anyway, I’ve got a bike. Wow~ Very next day when I bought my bike, my roommate had suggested that riding bike around lakes around village. I’ve been thinking about that since arrived in Whistler. So I decided to do it right away.
After morning, I got a Sandwich from my work and took some fruit in the bag for my lunch. Food! It is very important when people do something tough. ;) Our goal was that visit all lakes of Whistler along the Valley Trail. There are 5 lakes in the Whistler, Lost, Green, Alta, Nita and Alpha lakes. Although I’ve been every lake and had walked along almost trail around village, I’ve been hoping to bike there sometime. I love the Valley Trail of Whistler. Walking in the huge nature is so cool and makes me comfortable and happy. It’s my favorite. ;)
-- Lost Lake --
At first, we biked to Lost Lake. Although it is a little bit small one, there is trail around Lakes and good place for swimming and jogging so there are many people who enjoy both of those. It was really sunny day so many people could enjoy relaxing on the Lake side. It looked so peaceful and comfortable. I could feel that how Canadian enjoy their sunny day with family. I’m going to swim on this Lake in the middle of summer. But it wouldn’t be warm because it comes from Glacier, on the mountain. ;o Anyway, I can’t wait~
-- Green Lake --
And then we headed to Green Lake. While going to there we found un-paved trail so we could bike, like downhill with mountain bike. It was very fun. We were a little bit scared and worried about destroying the bike though. Our second Lake was Green Lake. It’s a biggest Lake in Whistler. So there are few planes for tour. And it has good scenery of mountain with snow. After that we visited Meadow Park near there. It has large play ground covered with grass and good place for kids and family. We could see many families and kids having good time under sunny sky. It looks so peaceful. There is Meadow sport center just next to Meadow Park. There is a big swimming pool, fitness facility, squash ETC…
-- Meadow Park -- When we were going to third Lake, Alta, we were encounter baby black Bear on the road. It was my first time to see wild bear by myself within 2~3 meter. We took photos and video on the bike because of Mom bear. We were scared and excited. ;o Then, we found other rough trail and enjoyed again. After that, we could understand that why people who enjoy downhill were protector very well. It could be hurt badly if fall off the bike. It was a Dangerous but exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello~