May 14, 2008

[Vol.04] Going to Whistler

I stayed 3days in Vancouver and moved to Whistler. I had not decided where I move to until two days before moving to Whistler. Before came to here, Canada, 2 cities were on my list, Calgary and Whistler. When I was talking about it with roommates, Josh told me there are many jobs in Calgary and he would move to there but there is a little bit boring city. Actually, I don’t like busy city. I think it’s one of reason why I moved to Whistler. I think I decided well. ^^

Whistler has gorgeous scenery, like a picture, and almost people do relax. Also, there are many things to enjoy, Snowboarding, Mountain biking, Golf, etc… Yes, it’s resort city so you can work at resort, hotel, Tour Company, store and restaurant. There are many job openings and you can find easily on the local newspaper or website. (I’m going to write about finding job and house later.) It’s not easy to find house, however, because it’s expansive. Job is a not problem but house. And almost goods are a little bit more expansive than other cities.

When I come to Whistler, I took the bus, Gray Hound. I took a sky Train bounding to East and took a Gray Hound at Bus Depot Train Station. That bus station doesn’t looks like other normal one where is in Korea. So I was confused to find there. It looks like a government building. Ha-ha; It took a under 3hours, I think. When I buy a ticket, I could save money around 10$ because I have international student card. And there is interesting system with Gray Hound. A number of passenger’s luggage is limited and each luggage has a name tag; moreover the bus driver put them on and off all luggages to the bus. I was impressed with their system and service.

I didn’t have any information about Whistler before came here. So I was going to get off at the Whistler Creek where is located next to Whistler village. Do ask to bus driver. ^^;;

I got off at the Whistler Village. I was excited because every Mt. has snow still at the time. (They have still now.)

There is a not good sign, however, with my carrier. When bus driver took off mine, he broke a wheel of my carrier~!!

OMG~ and he said it happens often. -0-; I don’t know why I didn’t claim about that. Maybe I thought I couldn’t be paid back. I was an idiot. I will claim later if I have that kind a situation again. -_-; so I had to carry my carrier with only one wheel. It was really tough. T_T I’m going to buy new one later, before move to other city. It is a regrettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello~