May 12, 2008

[Vol.03] Staying in HI Vancouver Centre

First impression of HI Vancouver Centre was a ‘Friendly’. When I asked an attendant to check in, he explained some information and notice with kind attitude and slowly. ^^; Also there are many useful information about Vancouver and what could I enjoy. That seemed to be updated every week. Take a Map of Vancouver and other information it would be very helpful when you walk around and find your way. There is also info about transportation going to Airport and other city.

When I paid 54$ for my 2 night staying, I could save 6$ because I have got a membership card of HI. It can save 3$ per night. I recommend you to make this membership card before come here. ^^ You can find that how to make this card at our community. Be used to searching what you want. There are almost thing what you want.. I think. ^^ cf) If you want to book before arrive you can reserve via internet site. I think www.studentuniversity.com is a little bit cheaper that www.hihotels.com . There is reservation fee around 2.5$ by credit card. You need to check which one is cheaper. ^^;

They provide a shower towel when you check in and breakfast every morning. You can have more towel if you ask them. The breakfast was milk, toast, serial, juice, and bread with jam. It was kind a buffet system so you can have enough. But the menu of breakfast is not changed so all of my roommates didn’t have that. ^^;; But I did to save money~ haha;;

I’d stayed in 4 male shared dorm. There are mixed dorm but I think there are some requirements. Two of my roommates are come from AUS and the other is come from Brazil. They are friendly and kind so I could hang out with them.

I think Hostel is a very good place to make friends. Almost of them are travelers and come from various countries. It means they have a open mind and don’t care who I am and where I came from so everyone could be a friend. I felt it very well and could act with confidence when I talk with them.

If I got a friend I could get other friends related with first friend. My roommate Josh, who come from AUS, had knew 2 Sweden girls so I could be friend with them and hang out together. We had a party in our room it was fun and I could realize that I am in Canada. And then we went to Pub and drank beer without any side dish. It was strange to me but now, I am getting used to drinking only beer. Haha ^^; When we tried to find cheapest pub, they asked to bartender about cost of a jug of beer. The bartender answered kindly and recommended another pub when we said it is expansive. I thought It’s very different situation from where in Korea.

In HI hostel, there are lockers for each person so I could put my luggage in. And every guest is given a Door card. I think there is safe to stay. But!! Be careful with you food. I’d brought 4 Korean noodles in my carrier and leave in the room without zipped up. Yes, my noodles had eaten by Rats. T_T I’d heard strange sound at night and there was small rats. There is a notice about this, ‘Keep your food in the kitchen’. I could know what that means after Death of my noodles!! I should have zipped up my carrier. T.T

About internet… There are some pre-paid computers. If you want use that computers you need to buy ID. But I have a laptop so I could wireless internet without pay. It’s free but easy to disconnect. -_-;; There are a few wire internet line but hard to use that because there are many guest who want to use that like you. ^^;

I could buy a Calling card at front desk to say hello to my family. It was 10$ and not bad to call. Ah, There are TV room, snack and pop banding machine and laundry room. And you can cook in the kitchen. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello~