August 22, 2008

[Whistler][Vol.07] Trip to eastern Canada _ Day 3

Next day, early in the morning, I started walking on Montreal streets. My first place was an Art Museum but it was closed. I was there so early. -_-; The sky was a bit cloudy, dark but my mind. Along the street, old buildings looked so good, like a European style? -_-;

Most interesting, grand and beautiful place was the Basilique Notre-Dame. Even though I paid 5 dollars with student discount, it was worth to. I joined English guide tour with other visitors. Our guide was small and cute French woman. And she explained easily a history about there and showed us pictures of past building. I loved her French-English accent. ;) If you have a chance to go there, you’re going to join a guide tour. You are not going to regret that.

I heard before my trip that there is huge under-ground shopping center all connected in Montreal and good for shopping. So I went down to shopping center, there are so many people who are shopping, having meal in a restaurant and pack of stores. I was shopping around for my new watch because I lost old one and I used to checked time with my cell phone but I didn’t bring cell phone recharger. 1 hour later I felt tired and tried to get out of there but I didn’t know where Exit is. I had to do wandering for a while. It was so huge. ;0

I was supposed to find an Allostop car-pool system recommended by my French co-worker. But I just booked Orleans Express bus round ticket to Quebec City when I drop by an Information center for new map (my one was reaped off). It was a bit expensive then Grey hound but much comfortable and larger.

Ah- I saw a girl who have same travel book with mine when I walking on a park. She must be a Korean and I was thinking say hello to her but didn’t. She was enjoying her calm liberty time like me, I thought. I was really enjoyed alone at that time. I felt a little bit lonely later, though. ;)

When I arrive in Quebec City by Orleans Express bus, it was middle of night and cold, windy. The bus depot connected with VIA train had good night-light view. That makes me feel like that Quebec City is greeting me. I was worried going to Hostel with dark but it was not far from bus depot that I though and easy.

Next morning, I could recognize that old Quebec City is small enough to walk. Hi-hostel in Quebec City was good enough and clean. After took a shower, I felt a pain on my left feet but feel good. I thought like that it’s time to walk all day long and it’s the time for only for me so I am not going to waste my precious time. Then I could fell asleep with tired but happy.

http://nixmin82.blogspot.com To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello~