August 23, 2008

[Whistler][Vol.07] Trip to eastern Canada _ Day 4

I woke up with bright and was a bit excited. I could have a buffet breakfast in the hostel but decided to have a one outside something special, Omulet. The restaurant was near to the Hostel and yellow sign made me to think a one of Egg. A Ham and Cheese omulet I ordered was really good but a bit heavy for me as a breakfast.

What I feel on a street along is that it really looks like somewhere in the Europe, France ; Narrow and not straight street and Old building but looks good. I was going to start my walking tour at the Place d’Armes. When I got there, however, I could find my next destinations and recognize that Quebec City is pretty smaller than I though and almost tourist attraction is located close each others. The Place d’Armes was small and peaceful but full with visitors. It seemed like there is a starting point of visitors.

Then I visited Musee du Fort (Museum of Fort) recommended by Montreal visitor center located just next to Place d’Armes. This museum presents a unique and original sound and light recreation of the civil and military history of Quebec City. It was well organized show and I could know a history of where I visit. It’s very good choice before tour other area. I think it’s very important that knows about where I will visit beforehand. ( More about Musee du Fort : http://www.museedufort.com/musee_en.html )

The one of most famous building in Quebec City is Chateau Frontenac. I admired the grandeur of that. I think this Chateau Hotel is looks better than Victoria’s one. Both of them are great though. (The Chateau Hotel in Whistler is big but doesn’t feel like grandeur, I think.)

It was rainy and windy when I climb up to Citadelle. So I just walked along castle walls to parliament building. Many statues standing front side of building was impressive. I tried to find small pavilion but couldn’t find and was rainy so I headed for next place.

The one of most busy street was petit-Champlain Street located in next to Chateau Frontenac but under the castle walls with bunch of cute and attractive stores and busy with many visitors. When I walk around there one of Korean tourist asked me to take a picture of them. I said ‘Sure’ and took a picture of them. Then they talked each other in Korean; ‘Is he a Korean?’, ‘No, He is not~’…… -_-;;

Quebec City was my favorite place among all places during my trip and there was so impressive. It will take much more time to write all of story but I am tired of writing now. -_-;; I want to say that if you can have a chance to Quebec province, you are going to go there. You would see and enjoy one of different and interesting face of Canada.

http://nixmin82.blogspot.com To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello~