May 6, 2008

[Vol.02] Going to Hi Vancouver Centre hostel in downtown

- Party with friends who met in hostel ;)

You can find a bus stop when you turn right from the entrance of 1st floor. Before that I went information center and ask them how to go to down town. They gave me a map of bus line and told me whish bus is mine.

I took a Bus 424 and fare was 3.75C$. It’s for 2 zone fare. But they didn’t return change. So I had to pay 2 $. Public phone booth is same. I don’t know why~ =_=; I can’t understand still now.

To go to Downtown, I need to transit another bus. When I dropped coins that fare box returned a ticket. It is for transit. I can transit several times in 30 or 1 hour. But I am not sure. I haven’t transited still now. ^^;; I got off at another bus stop where i have to transit to 98-b. So far so good.

And I got on the 98-b bus. It looked going well. But!! A sign standing outside of windows was not what I want. It was going to Richmond~!! It’s opposite direction. OMG~ I got off and across the road. But I couldn’t find bus stop. What the~ So I asked old lady who stand next to me. Unfortunately she didn’t know and she was waiting same bus as well. A few minutes later I could find a bus stop with 2 girls help. Before that I had to go to bank and break bills to changes. I thought again, Korea’s public transportation system is very convenience.

- You can book and find more information at http://www.hihostels.ca/

After I got on the bus, I asked to the driver. Yes! Its right way. And asked him let me know where I have to get off to get Hostel. The bus driver was very kind. I think Almost people living in Canada are kind. It was very impressed. In this environment, how I could be un-kind? ^^;

When bus’s close to Hostel, I was noticed to get off by the driver. It’s very easy way to find your destination. ;-) Then I was walking along the Granville St and I found the HI hostel easily. It is located between Helmcken St and Nelson St. It was really easy to find. There is another famous Hostel ‘Same sun’, just opposite side. I paid the remainder pay and got a Door Card.