August 25, 2008

[Whistler][Vol.07] Trip to eastern Canada _ Day 6

Next day, I woke up with terrible hangover. It’s been a while and I hate that. Other friends were same with me. They look pale and moved slowly to pack bags like a zombie. Kaka~

On the way to Ottawa – the capital of Canada, we stopped by Omega Park which features lots of wild animals in their natural habitat. We drove into the Park and fed carrot to many animals; deer, bear, buffalo, pig, coyote Etc. (I don’t remember exactly what was that. -_-;) Anyway they so crashed on the car which we were riding and had carrot like candy. It was so strange and excited. And the Park was really large and taken care very well like their real habitat. I could feel and effort of Canada trying to take care their natural and animals.

Arriving in Ottawa, we check in to our unique loading in an old jail in the centre of town. It’s really jail and renovated to hostel after closing. There are still ghost stories collected from guest who was stayed and claimed that they saw a ghost in there room or building.

After Checked in, we walked along the Parliament hill by guide. It was so cool building and makes me I am in the capital of Canada. A funny thing was that there are many statues and they looked serious but everyone has bird and white bird-poo on their head.

We, Japanese, Chinese friend and me, bought some grocery and had together in a kitchen of Hostel. There was comfortable, clean and well organized so it was easy and good to cook. Then, we joined a jail tour together. We were guided from outside of building with history of the jail to top of the building having small exhibition of old jail stuff. All the stories were interesting and I had goose pimples when we were on a gallows and heard about ghost stories.

Before going to bed I organized a plan of walking trip for next day. It’s needed for me like having short time to travel somewhere, I think.

http://nixmin82.blogspot.com To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello~